Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why are things called the things they are?

The other day I was talking about breasts. Normal conversation for a 20 something male right? Well it was with a female so I'm not too sure what that means. But we were talking about udders on cows and the teats and how similar they are to the nipple on the female breast. Which then lead to me thinking are breasts called 'tits' because they are somewhat similar to the cows teats? This observation lead to a great deal of laughter when imagining a woman with an udder. Then a disturbing image of a hot woman with a cows teat as her nipple. I mean you can milk anything with a nipple right?

I didn't feel this was necessary to blog when this happened but today I had a similar moment, not about 'tits' but about comedians.

Why are Comedians called 'comics' when a comic is a cartoon magazine. That's when I started to think about Dane Cook saving a child from a burning house by telling a joke. Not sure how it worked but that's what I was thinking.

So my question to you is why is a Comedian called a Comic? Is their super power to make poeple laugh?

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment