Monday, May 16, 2011

Below the poverty line I go...

Day 5 hell's yeah!

THANKS RYAN FOR YOUR DONATION!

It came pretty quickly actually. I didn't struggle much today. Had my plain pasta sandwiches and potato chips (home made) yeah that's right I can cook as well. Although chips aren't that hard. Not the point.

The greatest thing about this Live Below The Line is I can stop. I can' imagine what it would be like for someone to enjoy the simple pleasures of a big breakfast at the John Street Cafe. To enjoy a nice take away Chinese. So I hope the money I helped raise made a difference.

I ended up working today which meant I was too busy most of the time to worry about having to eat. I just got to enjoy the smells of everyone's lunch in the staff room.

I didn't end up using all my food either. I had a heap of rice left over and some pasta and even some bread.

But in all overt the week I made some moola and that's the whole point. Thank to everyone who made a donation not only does it make it worth while for me, and gave me a reason not to cheat. It also goes a long way in helping out those in need in Papua New Guinea via the Oaktree Foundation.

I raised $60.00 big ones! My goal was only $50 so yay for me.

Here's to next year and my pizza at midnight. hehe.

Day 4 hurray he yells

THANKS CHRIS FOR YOUR DONATION!

The 4th day is finally here. Headaches have slowly worn down to a dull manageable pain. I don't feel hungry any more, but once I eat one thing I just want more. I think I just ate about half a packet of rice today.

But things are good. I'm frickin' looking forward to Friday 12am when I pop my bottle of champagne to celebrate.

But not before I get through tomorrow. I decided today that I would prepare all my food for tomorrow as I have quite a busy day. So I have smashed potatoes, home made chip's and spaghetti and about 4 slices of bread left, though they have gone slightly hard now. Toast it is.

And I still have heaps of rice left over. And I doubt I'll eat all the spaghetti. I seem to get quite full quickly as much as I want to keep eating.

My bathroom habits have gone a little askew sadly. I had an apple and ended up on the toilet for half an hour. Ah the joys...

Here is to the last and final day of my challenge. If you haven't already make a donation. Makes all this seem worth while...


Day 3 cont. (what did you just call me)
So I did pretty good today. My class mates decided it was fair to talk about chocolate and popcorn and all things amazing when you are at the cinema, and when I politely asked them to stop they said sorry and kept talking. Oh the pain. But at least I have my twitter friends around Australia in the same boat (jason_ace).

I've been getting really bad headaches which is a little annoying, and I'm not sure if that's from my painful shoulder or the lack of food. I also had a phantom knee pain, I swear was lack of food caused.

Needless to say aside from the paid I didn't find myself staring through the window of the bakery, watching my family eat their dinner my eyes following their forks. Nor did I start looking through the bins behind the grocery store. I said I didn't do that stuff right. Yeah that's what I meant...

Today's diet was full of plain rice for a afternoon snack. And for lunch I had plain spaghetti, I forgot to put a sauce in the budget for this week. And for dinner I had a delicious culinary delight of plain spaghetti sandwich. And as my new LBLAus Twitter friend @daniellalallaa said I

"Oh man, I am so over pasta/spaghetti. Don't think I could eat another bite of it for a loooong while!"

So that's me done for day 3, over half way there. And now I'm planning my big breakfast for Saturday morning. What shouldn't I have?

Here's to day 4 of more plain pasts and plenty or rice.

DAY 3
I though I'd be okay with this whole limited food thing. And I am because it helps a great cause. BUT... I thought I'd be able to take food donations, so I had plans of making all my Uni friends buy me lunch. And I also had plans of eating people's left overs, not the most glamorous but do what you gotta do. And I also had cunning plans of going to the grocery store and getting all the free samples. But turns out under dot point 8 in the rules and regulations;

"You can't accept 'donated' food from family or friends, but monetary
donations towards your fundraising goal are acceptable, and encouraged!"

So that leaves me eating plain bread for breakfast. I'll keep you posted on how the rest of the day goes...


DAY 2

THANKS SANDRA FOR YOUR DONATION!

Day two is down, and I have a full belly mostly of rice and bread. But it's full non the less.

The only bad thing is I now can't eat too much for the rest of the week, didn't think that one through the best when I was indulging.

But the reason I had to indulge was because I woke up, well hungry goes without saying. But I was so tired and cranky. Nothing a cheap can of spaghetti on toast didn't fix.

Yes, okay I may not have been the best shopper for under $10, but it's the small things in life. Or at least when you have to go 5 days without food.

But at least I've done a shop this time and not just purchased biscuits. I've got apples, potatoes (Irish style), rice a lot of rice, some soup in a cup, bread, spaghetti (only $1.00 on special) and that's about it.

I don't plan on eating all of it, but after tonight I may only just scrape though.

As long as I keep myself occupied I'll be okay. But I did struggle while trying to write a major assignment. Lack of food maybe?

I have finally gotten over the pain of not having coffee, but crave sugar something conic.

My other theory is if I go to bed early I won't get hungry cause I'll be asleep. Is that scientifically proven? I'll let you know.

There was one point today when I did think about the real reason I am doing this. And if I can make a difference for one person as little as it may be then so be it. I can manage to not eat for a day.

Heres to day 3 and almost half way...


DAY 1

Okay so it's day one, numero oono. And as you can tell a little delirious from the lack of food. And would you know I don't a friend that is willing to buy me food. But it turns out that that kind of activity is not acceptable. So looks like I'm headed to the grocery store tomorrow to buy enough for the rest of the week.

When I woke up this morning I actually forgot what it was I was doing so I had my standard protein shake. Oops. Not sure how to penalize myself on the one, might just pretend it never happened.

Then today I purchased a packet of biscuits for .85c, I know right bikkies for under a buck. And I got a cup of two minute noodles. That really wasn't good enough for my daily meal, wouldn't surprise me if I collapse tomorrow.

I did however eat a tiny tub of nuts that I already had. Turns out that that was not acceptable either. So I'm going to have to take some money out of my budget to cover that.

My shopping list for tomorrow will be rice.

I've got headaches, I'm hungry and I can't concentrate. Damn no coffee.

I can have the free samples from the grocery store though right?

No comments:

Post a Comment